Media and Communication Educational and Research Center (MCERC) has launched short-term workshops and masterclasses focusing on “Public Relations and Communication Strategies – 101”. The first workshop was held in Tbilisi on September 5. It was attended by a variety of PR and media relations enthusiasts, including K12 students, HEI students, entry-level professionals, media presenters, civic activists, psychologists and international relations specialists.
Participants created sound scripts for public statements, enacted them in front of the camera, participated in briefing enactment and debates.
Workshops are based on media psychologist Prof. Mariam Gersamia’s certified course (PR 101) and consist of the following theoretical and practical modules and topics:
• Communication models & Body language
• Media memory and message structuring (“sound scripting “)
• Public speaking and debating skills
• Organizing a briefing
• Media relations: writing crisis response plan
• Media and emotions: why negative news attract us?
• Creating strategic communication plan.
Participants were awarded certificates at the end of the workshop.
MCERC would like to express gratitude to a TSU alumna, journalist and media researcher Tamar Kuratishvili for supporting and taking part in organizing the event.